Friday, April 24, 2009


114

At a grocery story tonight, our checkout-girl was a friend of mine from long ago, from when I lived in Japan. I heard from my mom that her family had moved here too. I think I last saw her about ten years ago. Ten years? So weird. We were really young, and obnoxious, but we had fun. I didn't recognizer her until she was done with my friend's transaction, and I caught her name tag on the way out. Should I have said anything? Hell no, I'm not up for small-talk these days. lol but it was nice to see her.

This happened to me years ago at an airport in Denver when I saw a guy I recognized and hadn't seen since we were kids. When your family moves a lot, five years feels like fifteen. With every new home, every new school and each new clique, it feels an entirely new life. That's how I like to think of it, anyway.

I told my mom about seeing her, and she had pulled out a photo album that she just recently dug up. Man, we were dorks. Today I am still a dork. I wonder what she is like...

0 comments: