Tuesday, May 5, 2009


125

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
&
Kodomo no Hi omedetou!

I love May 5th!

This is my first year as a legal participant of Cinco de Mayo festivities, but I have always been able to celebrate Kodomo no Hi (Children's day in Japan). What a sad thing that the United States does not have a holiday as awesome as this. This was like my pre-birthday celebration when I was a child living in Japan, as it falls the week before my birthday.

Morgan brought home Pacifico and made Mexican food for dinner. We ended up watching Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. With this, I figure we killed three birds with one stone: we commemorated the life of the late Ricardo Montalban, celebrated, with him, the nation of Mexico on Cinco de Mayo, and reminded ourselves of how awesome Spock is in preparation for the new movie. I nearly cry when he dies...

Happy get drunk day!

1 comments:

nobu said...

Oh! you know children's day in Japan.
It is pity that May 5, this year was rainny.
Carp streams were not sail in blue sky.
But totally I love this season.